Sunday, March 7, 2010

Healthy Walk

There's a survey on the right as to whether I should go on with my blog in German. Please vote!!

Today I went to the Healthy Walk offered by the sports centre every Sunday to explore Guildford and its surroundings. This time, the theme of the walk was Lewis Carrol, who owned a house here. I had already seen most of the sights on our way, but it was good to get a breath of fresh air. And the weather was so beautiful. The only students there were Veera, Hellena, Blandine and me; all the other people were local pensioners. It was fun, though.


The view from my window. As you can see, my room remains dark even if the sun shines.

In Guildford, there are several companies that rent house boats, and then you can go on trips through the canals. Mom, interested?? :)

First stop: A statue of Alice and her sister seeing the white rabbit.

Hellena, Blandine and Veera.


Guildford Castle and a beautiful spring sky.

Statue of Through the Looking-Glass. It looks so scary!

Back on campus.

The lake and the Duke of Kent Building, called "The Ship."

Nice wolf, get the stick!

I think I'll take a nap now and then work on my presentation. In the evening, Svenja and Sebastian are coming to work on our Shakespeare project (= watch a Macbeth movie with the guy from Avatar).

1 comment:

  1. I love through the looking glass <3 doesn't look scary to me at all. Probably I'm imagine all the cool things she encounters xD Whoa! I want to see this statue myself. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete