Friday, March 5, 2010

Dead trousers in Guildford!

There hasn't been much going on these last days, mainly because Michi is gone, Noora was in London with her parents and Inkeri decided she has to start working now. So I decided to start working now, too, and I've already almost finished my first presentation (it's on the difficulties you encounter translating / dubbing Kate & Leopold).

Yesterday, I had a cup of coffee (or rather, Hot Chocolate) with Tatjana and Svenja on campus, and afterwards we went down to the lake.

They usually call themselves "grannies" because they are both about 27 years old and feel totally out of place here in the midst of all those 18-year-old English students. Tatjana (on the right) had the shock of her life last Sunday when she was surfing the internet in her hotel and the guy next to her collapsed. They called an ambulance, but he died right in front of her eyes. And he was no older than we are. God, when you're young you never think it might be over any second.

In the evening, Svenja, Michaela and I went to the Open Mic Night in Chancellors and the met the Finnish Girls at the Legion to have some teapots of cocktails. Here are some pics:

The bus service from Manor Park to uni / town centre sucks. This time, my bus was 20 minutes late.

The guy on stage always hosts the Open Mic Nights. Apparently, there were very few volunteers last night, so he was performing all the time. The poster in the back says "Open till late", which is a joke, since Chancellors usually closes at 11 pm.


Michaela and Svenja.

There is no better container for Cosmopolitan than a teapot.

We hate the tables at Legion because your feet just dangle in the air and there's nothing you can put them onto. Feels like being a child sitting in a high chair.

Noora (NDN) and Svenja.

Me and Inkeri. BTW, the scarf is a souvenir from Oxford.

Half of my friends here will be in Edinburgh on the weekend. I decided not to go, because if I go to Scotland, I want to see more than just Edinburgh. Tonight, we'll go to a party in Hazel Farm, which is rumoured to be the crappiest student village in all England. I'm really curious to see that. Tomorrow, we'll probably go to London and have a movie night afterwards. On Sunday, I want to participate in one of the free walks offered by the student union, and on Monday, I'm going to see KATE NASH in Brighton!! I'm so excited!! On Tuesday, the Finnish girls are coming to Brighton, too, and we'll do some sightseeing. On Wednesday, we'll see Alice in Wonderland 3D. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey wie unverschämt. Ich bin noch gar nicht 27, sondern 25!! :D Und das dauert auch noch, bis ich 26 werde... *lach*

    ReplyDelete