Hi everyone,
last night I couldn't sleep, and so I came up with the idea of blogging during my time in England. The main reasons are that I want to have a kind of diary to leaf through later on and that you see how I'm doing. And I think it's more interesting than emails or stuff, and it's really easy. It took two minutes to get this blog. I'll try to take photos of everything and post them here.
So, in the last few months there was loads of organisational stuff to do - many forms to fill in, many deadlines to keep. I was really afraid I'd be too confused to get through all this. But it seems like I made it - I even got a room. Yet there are some details I overlooked beforehand and only found out a few days ago. Here are some examples:
- Guests mustn't stay overnight, and there are wardens in every flat to ensure they don't.
- I have to pay the rent that I first thought to be really low WEEKLY, not MONTHLY, which kind of messes up my financial plans.
- There are 70% international students in Guildford, so I'll probably rather refresh my Spanish and French than get a decent English accent.
- We have to bring our own pillows, feather-beds, sheets, dishes and even our own cutlery :(!
12 days left. Michi and I are going fly to London Stansted early in the morning on the 2nd of February. Then we'll carry our suitcases through the entire city, take the train to Guildford (~ 40 minutes) and see where I'll spend the next five months of my life. Or rather, four and a half months. 136 days.
That's a good idea. I think it is the best way to let everybody know how you do while traveling. When I'll go see the world (eventually after my studies) I'll write a blog as well.
ReplyDeleteWhoah! London is so expensive. But don't let the international students bother you. I think it's even better, as you can make contacts all over the world. Cool, eh? And if you just listen to bbc radio all day, you'll get the accent for sure xD
I'm looking forward to see your entries and photos. Maybe I should look for a flight, like I promised, since the meeting in Vienna was canceled for now anyway.
I deleted my last comment, since I wanted to correct some spelling mistakes. It seems like it's not a real deletion. So I won't do it again in future >__> Just forgive me my bad english...
Heya, thanks for your comment :)! I'll try and see if I can delete your first entry for good. Of course you and the others are still invited, and I think the university offers cheap guest rooms. I'll see how much they cost when I get there. Where there's a will there's a way ^__^
ReplyDeleteWooooah Tanja, London! Das ist ja sooo cool! Eine total tolle Idee mit dem Blog. In 3 Wochen heißts für mich auf nach Neuseeland, für ein Semester Uni dort. Vielleicht sollte ich auch so einen Blog machen, das ist ne super Idee!!! :D
ReplyDeleteGanz liebe Grüße
Kathrin (Katti)
Neuseeland *__*
ReplyDeleteIch glaub das ist so ziemlich das Nonplusultra, da muss ich auch unbedingt irgendwann mal hin. Hab grad Herr der Ringe gesehn, da kriegt man so Fernweh!
Haha, ja ich glaube mein Mitbewohner hat auch bei Herr der Ringe mitgespielt. Zumindest sieht er aus wie ein Hobbit! Aber PSSSST nicht weitersagen ;o)
ReplyDelete